Dark circles under the lower eyelids are frequent in men and women. Though most of the time they are not a cause for concern and they don’t require medical attention, they can be difficult to get rid of and may make one appear older than they are. Fatigue seems like the most common cause but is not always the case. It could also be due to other reasons like age, family history, skin tone, dehydration, eye strain, and so on. At Eeva, we often have patients seeking advice on how to get rid of dark eye circles in a non-invasive manner. Let’s dive into what dark eye circle treatment and removal really mean in Singapore.
Dark Eye Circle Treatment Procedure
If you’re thinking of a natural remedy for dark eye circles instead of dark eye circle surgery, there are many options you can consider. These treatments are not permanent, but with regular consistency, your dark eye circles can be managed. For instance,
- Over-the-counter moisturizers may help alleviate dark eye circles. Look out for ingredients like caffeine, vitamin E, aloe, hyaluronic acid, and/or retinol.
- Chilling thick slices of cucumbers and then placing them on the dark circles for about 10 minutes. Afterwards, rinse this area with water and repeat this treatment twice a day.
- Mix equal amounts of almond oil and vitamin E, and gently massage this mixture into the dark circles before bedtime. Wash this area in the morning with cold water. Repeat this every night until the dark eye circles disappear.
- If you visit a dermatologist, they may also recommend a skin-lightening cream to lighten under-eye pigmentation. Some of the key ingredients you might see include kojic acid, glycolic acid, azelaic acid, hydroquinone.
Best Dark Eye Circle Treatments – Aesthetically
If you visit an aesthetic doctor, they may recommend any of the below options depending on their diagnosis of the cause of dark eye circles under your eyes. For instance:
- Laser therapy – heat energy is used to vaporize damaged cells. Darker pigment under the eyes can be targeted. The end result is a lightening of dark eye circles, and new collagen formation may also be induced.
- Chemical peel – this can be used to lighten dark pigmentation under the eyes. It may include glycolic acid, retinoic acid, or hydroquinone.
- Blepharoplasty – this can surgically remove fat and decrease the shadow cast by your eyelid, which then reduces the dark eye circles. However, this procedure is mostly done by a plastic surgeon.
- Fillers – a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler can be injected into the tissue under your eyes. This helps to reduce volume loss under the eye which can also cause dark eye circles.
Eeva doctors recommend Eeva REJUE Polynucleotide Eye Rejuvenation as an under eye filler. Compared to eye creams, it delivers a more visible and sustainable result. If you are looking for dark eye circles removal in a shorter period of time, Eeva REJUE Polynucleotide Eye Rejuvenation could be suitable for you. It is a Korean-FDA approved natural skin healer which targets the eye area. It is an injectable with low viscosity, yet is highly concentrated with salmon polynucleotides and DNA extract. Proven to rejuvenate your under eyes and dark eye circles, the low viscosity allows for minimal downtime and swelling post-treatment. Get light, supple, hydrated, smooth, sparkly, radiant, and luminous under eyes with REJU PN Collagen Booster i.
Eeva REJUE Polynucleotide Eye Rejuvenation effects rejuvenation through cell repair and regeneration. As collagen production starts 28 days after treatment, visible improvements are progressive and permanent. This means that the effects are enhanced with each session. How many sessions are required? It all depends on the severity of your condition. But, typically 4 treatments are needed 4 weeks apart. Maintenance can also be performed every 6 months.
Progressive collagen formation and skin remodelling take place. This strengthens and thickens the skin structure overlying the blood vessels in the under eyes area, reducing the bloodshot colour. By introducing Eeva REJUE Polynucleotide Eye Rejuvenation into the tear trough hollows under the eye bags, the hollowness is lifted due to the strengthening and thickening of the skin structure. This creates a smoother and fuller contour between the under eyes and upper cheeks.
In addition to REJU PN Collagen Booster i, the team also provides options such as Venus Legacy Eye Lift and Dark Eye Circle Treatment, as well as Venus Viva Fractional RF Total Eye Rejuvenation. Upon a detailed first consultation with our lady doctors, they can recommend and customize the right dark eye circle procedure to match your existing needs, which will comprise both the home use treatment program and the in-clinic treatment program.
Dark eye circle treatment in Singapore is possible for teens and adults of all ages. With many years of experience in caring for patients, Eeva excels in delivering the results that patients want. Many patients are overjoyed with how young and vibrant they look after undergoing dark eye circle treatment. If you are looking to make a change, simply contact us now at +6587263383.